ÇAKAFETE Community :: View topic - french lesson
happy Regular Joined: Mar 30, 2006 Posts: 16
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:18 am Post subject: french lesson
A French teacher was explaining to her class that in French, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
"House" for instance, is feminine -- "la maisON."
"Pencil", however, is masculine -- "le crayON."
A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?"
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for
themselves whether "computer" should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
Each group was asked to give four reasons for their recommendation.
The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computer"), because:
1. no one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2. the native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. as soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay check on accessories for it.
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine (le computer"), because:
1. in order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. they have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;
3. they are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
4. as soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
THE WOMEN WON.
All times are GMT + 12 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB line, with phpBB linked to www.phpbb.com. If you refuse
to include even this then support on our forums may be affected.
The phpBB Group : 2002
Web site engine's code is Copyright © 2002 by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group PHP-Nuke Modified Theme by ÇAKAFETE INC
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of this web site. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002.
PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license. Page Generation: 1.25 Seconds