Solomon: Political squabbling over CERB changes is ‘an embarrassment’ during COVID-19 pandemic

Solomon: Political squabbling over CERB changes is 'an embarrassment' during COVID-19 pandemic 1

 

Evan Solomon says he was 'shocked' the parties couldn't come to a fundamental agreement on CERB changes.

Subscribe to CTV News to watch more videos:

Connect with CTV News:
For the latest news visit:
For a full video offering visit the CTV News Network:
CTV News on Facebook:
CTV News on Twitter:
Watch CTV News on Twitter:
CTV News on Google+:
CTV News on Instagram:
CTV News on Pinterest:


CTV News is Canada's most-watched news organization both locally and nationally, and has a network of national, international, and local news operations.

21 Comments on "Solomon: Political squabbling over CERB changes is ‘an embarrassment’ during COVID-19 pandemic"

  1. theres allot of companies that are having problems getting workers too come back because they are getting more collecting the CERB than going back too work.

    • Preston Fontana | June 10, 2020 at 4:41 PM | Reply

      Shouldn’t pay workers a non-living wage then.

    • Majority of provinces’ minimum wage FULL TIME pays more than what CERB gives out. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

    • Is that because they pay less than 2k a month. hmmm gotta be a hard life for those companies.

    • APlaceToBeWithMyThoughts | June 10, 2020 at 9:24 PM | Reply

      Yup. Part time or seasonal workers who made $5,000 are just going to take it.

    • APlaceToBeWithMyThoughts | June 10, 2020 at 9:29 PM | Reply

      Preston Fontana yup those companies have no right complaining. Pay your workers better and they will actually have incentive to come back.

  2. Something for nothing, money for free, anarchy to follow!

    • Exactly, I say cancel the wage and rent subsidies for businesses, cancel the ridiculous forgivable loans, heck cancel all corporate bail outs, including bail out for the oil industry.

  3. Justice League | June 10, 2020 at 4:31 PM | Reply

    Government shall never give out free money. Give the unemployed loans rather than free money.

    • Agreed, give the free money to the teachers staying at home, half the government works drinking beers at home. but those private sector scumbags need to suffer. Hand out money to companies and government works! O sorry that is business as usual in Canada.

  4. It’s not embarrassing. It’s called democracy.

  5. The bloc weighing in on CERB is a joke, can we equalize transfer payments so Quebec doesn’t get a CERB handout more than 2k per citizen every month on top of the normal funding provinces get.

  6. According to Evan Solomon, all opposition parties should just agree with the Liberal minority government, they just gotta.

  7. A FLY ON the WALL | June 10, 2020 at 6:06 PM | Reply

    trudeau only wants to help 40% of the disabled persons ,? what about the other 60% ?

  8. John southern | June 10, 2020 at 7:20 PM | Reply

    Pippen enters the comments………
    Pippen: What about CERB?
    Aragon: you’ve already had it.
    Pippen: we’ve had one yes, what about second CERB?

  9. Trudeau is nonsense and killed Canada with debt.

  10. Evan is a left wing, liberal stooge

  11. Alex Sebelius | June 10, 2020 at 9:26 PM | Reply

    i like to them to stop doing it just over with okay guys and no more covid-19 and donig okay.

  12. APlaceToBeWithMyThoughts | June 10, 2020 at 9:27 PM | Reply

    Is this guy the liberal spokesperson?

  13. Everyone should get CERB, just like every millionaire senior got $500.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.