What to look out for if your pet accidentally eats cannabis

The pet poison helpline says calls for pets accidentally eating cannabis have more than quadrupled in the last six years.

Subscribe to CTV News to watch more videos:

Connect with CTV News:
For the latest news visit:
For a full video offering visit the CTV News Network:

CTV News on Facebook:
CTV News on TikTok:
CTV News on Twitter:
CTV News on Instagram:
CTV News on Reddit:

CTV News is Canada's most-watched news organization both locally and nationally, and has a network of national, international, and local news operations.


  1. There shouldn’t be an issue with discarded joints…dried flower is heat activated and inert if ingested by pets or humans. The real issue is pet owners who smoke weed in their home and those crazy edibles kept within reach. Smoke and edibles are activated and will definitely affect your pets.

  2. Let’s not scare everyone
    Your dog will sleep a lot
    In about 24 hours everything will be back to normal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.